Test Phase Gates
Our biggest and boldest blueprint. The Test Phase Gate Blueprint deals with the test’s phases, stages, and process itself. It helps you ask vital questions to yourself and your team as your experiment goes through different stages. The Test Phase Gate Blueprint is at the heart of experimentation program management.
This is a BEAST of a blueprint, not one to look at every week, but one to help check and balance how your Gates are working (or not), what questions, activities, deliverables, and use cases, are for each gate, and more. It puts a LOT of things into context. The blueprint also references the artifact in terms of building a test document and having all of those pieces sorts of stack up with each other.
The gates represent experimentation programs or parts of their flywheels which, once you turn them on, become one-way gates with no turning back. Check out the Miro board below in ‘related links’ for more info.
- Manage your experimentation program.
- Determine the cadence and flow of your experimentation flywheel.
- Use as a communication tool to align the team on how things work.
- Understand the artifacts (test documentation) and how they fit in with each other.
- Understand the roles, activities, deliverables, and responsibilities in the flywheel.