What are key ingredients to a strategic testing roadmap?
A strategic testing roadmap is the culmination of research and the basis of a great OKR-style action plan for a testing program.
- The boxes are insights that come from triangulated research data (quant and qual).
- Some are strategic, some tactical....but overall it's a punchlist. The 'Key Results' part of the OKR.
- The objective part is framed as a powerful 'how might we...' question. And this question isn't determined ahead of research, it comes from the research itself, after coding among the insights and finding problem/opp patterns.
- And look at the KPIs! The specific ones aren't important, but now we can make the goal SMART.
- We go through the punchlist of insights, and watch the needle move on those goal-associated KPIs. Even create a problem theme metric dashboard... all tests related to this theme get reported out via that dashboard (quickens the reporting/decision part of the flywheel btw).
- creating a research-based strategic roadmap for a testing program
- communicating with your team on objective and key results for a test program
- organizing tactics and strategies against research and metrics