We kicked things off by running our experimentation maturity audit. This allowed us to survey stakeholders across the business to understand where Miro currently was in terms of;
- Strategy and culture
- Process and methodology
- People and skills
- Tools and data
We used the audit results to make recommendations across all of the above areas on what they needed to do to improve their experimentation setup.
With little internal resources available, we worked across all areas of running an experimentation program; from the initial strategy on where to focus efforts using our bandwidth calculations, though to research, prioritization, test ideation, design, and test development. This helped build confidence in the testing process internally.
To help get the experimentation engine running as quickly as possible we set our first test live within the first few weeks of starting the program. Our brute force approach helped to quickly iron out any issues as well as keeping pace with the speed of growth within the business.
We shared the results of our work regularly within the business. We did this by proving transparency on ‘work in progress’ and the backlog, as well as an internal insights and testing newsletter.
We wanted to see our conversion rate lift; whether it was enterprise leads or free signups, to check that the effort we were putting in was going to help us, in general, to increase conversions and move the needle. With your help to ensure high-quality tests we were able to do that.
Alexander Rybin, Business Operations at Miro
Once results started to come in, the focus began to shift to increasing velocity and focusing on larger more strategic tests, which turned out to be one of the biggest accomplishments of the partnership.
Within two months we helped Miro grow from less than a test per month to 5-6 test velocity per month and build their internal experimentation team.